There are many factors in determining where your website is positioned within Google’s search results. This blog post will outline 10 important Search Engine Optimization positioning factors.
Search Engine Optimization Positioning
- On-Page Optimization. One of the the main rules in Google’s ranking algorithm involves the location and frequency of keywords on a web page.
- Off-Page Optimization (a.k.a. Link Building). How many times other relevant websites link back to your web page will greatly influence’s Google’s positioning of your website.
- Click-Through Rate. A search engine will watch the results someone selects for a particular search, then eventually drop high-ranking pages that aren’t attracting clicks, while promoting lower-ranking pages that do attract clicks.
- Sitemap. Submit your sitemap to the major search engines for maximum visibility.
- Search Bot. Allow search bots to crawl your website.
- Website Performance. Monitor your website’s performance and optimize load times.
- Use text, Not Images. Try to use text instead of images to display important names, content, or links.
- Title Elements. Make sure that your <title> elements and ALT attributes are descriptive and accurate.
- Don’t Be Sneaky. Avoid hidden text or hidden links. Google is aware of this tactic.
- Fresh Content! The most important factor is offering your search engines (and your users) fresh and relevant content.