It is not a secret that recently the usage of yellow pages to find local vendors has decreased, while search engine traffic has drastically increased. Having a strong online marketing strategy is now a must for the survival of every small or medium-sized business.
Everyone knows that SEO has been one of the most important elements of online marketing for the past 15 years. Google and the other search engines, as announced, are going toward a more localized approach when serving up search results to make it more relevant to the user. For instance, if you live in Manhattan and are looking for a “Florist”, Google will serve up local Manhattan “Florists” instead of Florists outside of the immediate area. Its all about relevancy with search engines. Local search is becoming the main focus of SEO. This is especially valid in the case of businesses, whose main clients segment are normally within their close proximity.
LOCAL SEARCH SEO PRINCIPLES
Although local SEO principles are similar to the organic SEO, there are some specific differences which are outlined below:
- Geo-targeted keywords. (i.e. Manhattan Florist)
- Getting linked to by local/niche specific websites (i.e. Local Manhattan Directories)
- Make your website more “Local Search” Friendly. Add your address and local phone number on your website
- Producing “Local” unique content targeted to local audience
- Target Review Websites (Yelp, Merchant Circle, Google Reviews, etc.)
- Social Media websites
- Proper URL structure with “Local Search” keywords
- Local Chamber of Commerce, Local Better Business Bureau, and other directories
WHY LOCAL SEARCH SEO?
The way people search Google and the other search engines has changed. People aren’t just searching for products and services anymore they are searching for the Product & Service + Their Town. More people are trying to narrow their searches down to their own neighborhood because people want to know with whom they are dealing online. Consumers want to be able to visit your business location (if need be) for your product/service, or at least understand what other consumers are saying about your product/service through the online review websites. This is why Local Search is so important to your overall online marketing strategy.
WHY LOCAL SEARCH SEO THROUGH CONVERSION PIPELINE?
Because we get it! Also because we’ve been practicing organic SEO before Google Maps and Yahoo Local even existed. We have a deep understanding of how the search engines work and have stayed ahead of the curve when the engines make changes to their ranking algorithm. You’ll see long term benefits from our experience in developing local search engine strategies.
LET’S TALK LOCAL SEARCH
- Customer Spotlight – Open Blooms
- Conversion Pipeline selected by The Great Courses (TGC) to provide Digital Advertising and Search Marketing Services
- We’re Hiring For A Digital Marketing Strategist
- Customer Spotlight – Atlas Fitness : Atlas Fitness Partners With DC Triathlon Club
- Influencing the Election: Social Media’s Role and What It Means for Your Business in 2017.