SEO For Mobile
SEO for Mobile is a relatively new marketing concept that focuses on companies using mobile devices (i.e. cell phones) as a way to reach out to their customer base through Mobile Search Engine Optimization. SEO for Mobile is a measured marketing medium, delivering a high return on investment with low capital outlay. It is a known fact that, the majority of websites that get the most organic traffic from Google offer mobile-specific content to search engine users. Of all search engine queries, 30% are being conducted via mobile devices and this number is growing.
Interesting Mobile Factoid:
Responsive Design For Mobile vs. Mobile URL
There are a lot of opinions on how to do SEO for Mobile correct these days. Clients often ask us “Do we need to build a separate mobile website, or is it enough to make our website responsive”? Some Mobile Marketers have recommended responsive design as the best way to build a mobile website in order to avoid split link equity while others recommend having a dedicated mobile website with it’s own mobile URL. There are good reasons to use responsive web design for mobile optimization, and 12 of the top 100 websites in search have made their sites responsive. Conversion Pipeline’s Mobile Marketers will help weigh the decision with you to either make your website responsive or have a dedicated mobile URL.
Mobile Optimization Statistics
- There are 271 million mobile subscribers in the US. (Source: Charts Bin)
- 82% of adults have a cell phone. (Source: PEW)
- There are five times as many cellphones in the world as PCs. (Source: Impiger Mobile)
- 25% of Americans use only mobile devices to access the Internet, as opposed to desktops. (Source: On Device Research)
- 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour. (Source: Mobile Marketer)
- 42% of Facebook’s users regularly access the service through a mobile device (SMX Social Media Marketing)
SEO For Mobile Optimization
Consumers all over the world have come to rely on their mobile phone as an essential communications tool. SEO for Mobile works because it allows marketers to see what their audience is searching for through SEO keyword research which in turn gives the marketer what they need in terms of content development. With that in mind, there are several SEO Mobile Strategies to keep in mind.
- Create your keywords for shorter concise search queries.
- Implement a social media mobile strategy for your website
- Make it easy for your customers to call you.
- Make your website informative.
- Do NOT make your mobile website have the same content as your desktop website.
Mobile Is Here To Stay
Google and other search engines prefer if you give users content that’s fast, simple and relevant. You cannot ignore SEO for Mobile any longer. As more online searches are done via mobile phones and tablets and more webmasters are creating content that’s optimized for these users, we expect the search engines to continue to try to unearth the best user experience. By implementing all of the SEO for Mobile, you will be at the forefront of one of the fastest growing consumer segments in the world. To learn more about how you can maximize your online presence, contact the Conversion Pipeline Mobile Marketers today!